Top 5 Affordable Makeup Brushes

I have got my own little collection of makeup brushes, and one thing I look for is value (don't judge I'm a poor student) and when I look at MAC makeup brushes all I can think is "das esspensive" in the words of Kathleen Lights.

Yes, I imagined a beautifully sharp image with cute light effects but hey, new camera in due course!

Morphe MB23

There is so much hype around morphe at the moment and rightly so, they offer a HUGE range of brushes and they're so cheap, whats the catch... well if like me you live in the UK the ever present issue of shipping. My way around that? spending more! I spent about £60 and paid around £10 shipping. I bought brushes, eyeshadow pans and some LA Girl (I will have to do some reviews on LA girl because I'm in love

ANYWAY, to the brush. I love this brush for applying my crease colour, it makes it SO easy to get the perfect blown out eyeshadow look and I find I don't have to blend for as long.

It retails at $5.95//£3.79 and you can get it here.

Morphe M160-1/16

This brush is a tiny eyebrow brush to be precise 1/16th of the size of a normal eyebrow brush. I bought this brush with my gel eyeliner in mind because it was expensive and I'm scared I won't get a use out of it before it drys out!

I didn't like it for gel eyeliner but that could be just me as I've only just perfected my flicks with liquid eyeliner HOWEVER I love love love this brush for applying a highlight to the inner corner of my eyes. Before you think I'm crazy...a specific brush for the inner corner hear me out. I always seem to apply too much highlight, it ends up so far down my face but this brush is so perfect, because its small and angled you can get right around the tear duct opening and brightening your eyes. 

It retails at $1.99//£1.27 and you can get it here.

e.l.f Angled Blush Brush

You can't have an affordable anything count down without e.l.f being mentioned, I recommend their whole studio line, its so cheap (not as cheap as if you live in america, CRY) this brush gets right up in your cheek bones GURL you'll be looking like Keira Knightley (do I have to disclaim that it actually wont?) no but seriously this brush is perfect, it doesn't shed and when you wash it (does anyone want a cheap brush washing tutorial?) it drys exactly the same! 

It retails at £3.95//$3.00 and you can get it here if you're in the UK and here if you're in USA.

Wilko Powder Brush

This little gem is in wilkinsons new brush line, now I was so skeptical when I first saw it, my friend was my guinea pig and she bought a couple, she gave me the thumbs up and every wilkinsons I went into the brushes were sold out. When I finally found one I was converted, this is like a big kabuki brush on a long handle and its perfect for applying my powder all over my face...OBVIOUSLY.

I don't think it is available to people in the USA but in the UK it retails at £4.00 and you can get it from your local wilkos or here.

realTechniques Buffing Brush

HOLY GRAIL ALERT
Everyone knows about these brushes but this is my favourite way to apply my foundation, they're so soft and they again don't change when they're washed. Just BUY THIS BRUSH you will not regret it.
It is part of a set which retails at £20.99//$17.99 you can buy it here (£14.69) in the UK and here ($13.19) in the USA.

I hope this helps any of you makeup addicts out there
Please comment if this helped you out or any recommendations for me!


1 comment:

  1. Omg love this blog! I want quality but the prices...Aaahhh. example videos please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird